Thursday, May 1, 2008

second project crit


second project crits... I think it went a little better this time around with the critique. There wasn't quite as much looking into what was being represented when representation wasn't the goal of a piece. While its fun to look at work and try to figure out what you can see in it, its not always the best thing to focus on in crits. I have to say I was a little distracted during critique because I was afraid that I would go upstairs and find another hole in my pattern. If it weren't for that I probably wouldn't have felt so fidgity. So I think it went well, just my personal set up/installation didn't.

Amanda's second critique... so we saw the squirrels again and this time finished. I wouldn't say that the glazes changed very much of how I saw them since the first critique. They turned out very well, but it was what I was expecting to see (this is not a bad thing, it just means that I probably already said my thoughts during the first crit and don't remember them now). I would like to see them taken further. Right now its a cute little cartoony set up, but if put into a different context or in combination with other objects it could come to have more meaning to it. I'm curious as to what the purpose for those little squirrels could end up being.

~Jen

No comments: