Thursday, October 30, 2008

hmm..REevaluation

hmm..I'm not sure how to REevaluate this semester...but I will say I want to push further. I was not completely satisfied with my first project. I have been thinking a lot about doing something that I am really interested in. So...I have this obsession with vampires. It's not like a creepy and weird obsession, I just think idea is very fascination. They're these strong, beautiful, seemingly indestructable yet horrifying creatures. We're afraid of them, yet the idea of them is that they are strangly irresistable. But what I think I find most interesting about vampires, despite all that, is that they are stuck in what could be called an eternal hell. Never growing older, never dying, and if you're religious, no promise of heaven if they do die. This eternal hell, this never ending cycle that they cannot escape. It is seemingly opposite the way we look at life. We waste it, yet it is limited. What would it look like if we had forever?

I would like to incorporate this idea somehow into my work. I am trying to do a large sculpture right now and bring that concept into it. A never ending life and the sense of no escaping it.

No comments: