Friday, February 22, 2008

Feb 19, 2008

Today’s presentation by Kartz Ucci was very unique. Her style of art is very interesting, and I was intrigued by the ideas that she centered her work around. Pieces that I particularly enjoyed were the colored panels on which she translated poems into what they would literally mean in English with the use of a computer program. The colors were pretty and the poetry was full of imagery. The idea of centering some of her work on sadness was a unique idea. It is not a theme that one may immediately think of in terms of art, but she used it well.

Although there were parts of her presentation that I enjoyed, there were some parts of her presentation that were a bit too abstract for my liking. Many of the videos were a little strange, and I’m not sure that any audience would be able to easily understand her meaning without an explanation. Other pieces were humorous, but difficult to understand in an art sense. Overall, I was not a fan of the work of Kartz Ucci

No comments: