Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Kat Riley

In the article “The Inka Married the Earth” the Inkas craft with stone and the earths elements were discussed. I really like all the work with the stone and the joints that they some how created seamless joints. I am also really surprised and amazed how long the buildings have survived and are still amazing as they are with all the technology that is out in the world today. The peaceful location of the inkas city is something to admire, the over view of Machu Picchu is makes the viewer breathless. When looking at the blocks that make up the buildings the stones almost look like they were made that way. The inkas were in touch with nature and almost seem to be able to create it. Even the caring of the rocks is extremely detailed and intricate.

This article has inspired me form my next project to create a system in the back of an elongated head. The head will have a hotel like structure in the back and a full face on front. I also want to have nature elements around the base of the head. Or I want to create a weird DNA system that life and multiple parts that repeat that normally wouldn’t.

No comments: