Monday, April 28, 2008

Lisa's Critique

The second critique was definitely better than the first one but I think there is still a lot of room for improvement. I feel like there was a lot of dead silence and people didn't really know what to say. A way to improve on this is maybe to have a list of basic questions that we can respond to about the works that would prompt more of a discussion. I thought the critique was useful overall but I am still unsure how I could better display my second project and would have liked more opinions on that.

Brendan's installation was very successful, as we all pretty much concluded during the critique. As a multimedia piece, I thought that the metal and ceramic went well together. The craftsmanship in the welding was good and I really liked the ring details at the ends of the wires. I would have liked to see more variation in the glaze, either tonal variations or maybe multiple hues. The shadows the piece made on the wall added another dimension and I think it would have been interesting to see what difference other lighting options could have made on the cast shadows.

I am still unsure where I want to go with my third project but I have been looking into some sort of combination of a landscape and moonscape maybe. Something that looks kind of familiar but also a little extraterrestrial.

No comments: