Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Liz's Bubbles of Happiness

I really enjoyed Liz's piece. In addition, her technique on the wheel was quite different from anyone one else. These spheres are quite difficult to make, but she was able to push them out without issue. For the final install, I like the hanging approach. I also agree that they all should be hanging to continue the tension.

The glaze used really brought across the idea of fun, happiness, or a feeling for joy. I especially enjoyed the "Clown" one, it looked almost edible. I also liked the smiley face, it added a bit of reality to the piece.

The only change I would consider is the use of the heavy wire for suspension. I would employ a high weight fishing line in the future, it would add to the whole idea of this objects freely floating in the space.

-Chuck

2 comments:

Liz V said...

thats a good idea about the fishing wire, i hadn't even thought of that. I like that idea that you wouldn't be able to see what was holding them up. thanks!

Liz V said...

thats a good idea about the fishing wire, i hadn't even thought of that. I like that idea that you wouldn't be able to see what was holding them up. thanks!