Thursday, April 10, 2008

The presentations were great!

I enjoyed watching the presentations today. The salt glazing caught my eye. Frechen bottles had an interesting wood-like appearance. I think the Westerwald tankard with the cobalt decoration was also visually stunning. Isn't it funny how the Staffordshire piece looked as delicate as a doily? I would have loved to pick it up and feel how light it is.

The Raku firing presentation was very cool as well. I had no idea that Raku was such an exclusive family tradition. I can't imagine 15 generations of pottery, not that that's a bad thing! It amazes me how the style evolves with each generation. I loved how the form of the latest pieces were so simple, but with such complex glazing pattern. As complex as they were, they still retained an air of simplicity as well.

I was really surprised at how glossy the face was at the end of the Terra Siglata presentation. The glossy brown color was gorgeous.

Experimentation with sagger firing is a must after seeing the pictures of the results.

Sweet video Phil!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.